Discussion: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra PilotReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 21  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
Sarah'sPancakes
Sarah'sPancakes
Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 6:41 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 6:41 AM EST
Some of you may know about this and have seen this already. In 2006 Lena filmed a pilot for a superhero TV show called Ultra based on a comic book where she plays a woman who is telekinetic and has super human strength. It's too bad a network didn't pick up this show because Lena is great in it. She's funny, witty and relaxed! So not Sarah Connor. I would love to see where this series would go and Lena is actually funny.

You can watch the Ultra pilot on PiperandLena.com. It's in 5 parts.
Part 1 - http://piperandlena.com/vids/lena/lena_ultra_part01.mov.zip
Part 2 - http://piperandlena.com/vids/lena/lena_ultra_part02.mov.zip
Part 3 - http://piperandlena.com/vids/lena/lena_ultra_part03.mov.zip
Part 4 - http://piperandlena.com/vids/lena/lena_ultra_part04.mov.zip
Part 5 - http://piperandlena.com/vids/lena/lena_ultra_part05.mov.zip
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: Lena Headey Penny Ultra
rref
rref
1. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 11:10 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 11:10 AM EST
Lordy lord, what an accent! I wouldn't call the show good, but it's pretty entertaining. Admittedly, I've only watched Part 1... a very nice find though! Do you find this valuable?    
intrepid
intrepid
2. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 12:59 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 12:59 PM EST
Funny, cynical and cheesy, could have been a hit!

Also, it had Richard Coyle, “Jeff” from the series Coupling, in which he was just hilarious.

I like it!
Do you find this valuable?    
notty22
notty22
3. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 1:08 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 1:08 PM EST
Lena does a lot of work. Theres a new major dvd release called The Red Baron. Its done professionally by a German movie company. Had a 30 million dollar budget. MY GOD is it awful though, she has a English/German quasi sounding accent in it. She plays the romantic interest of the German Pilot Baron. though she is beautiful she appears 15 years older than her co star? Do you find this valuable?    
AdoptMeSarah
AdoptMeSarah
4. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 1:41 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 1:41 PM EST
Nice find indeed! I agree that it's cheesy. I too would like to see more of this series. It's nice to see Lena's comical side. After seeing Lena in cargo pants and tank tops, the white hero costume looks funny on her. It doesn't really work. Do you find this valuable?    
Schmacky
Schmacky
5. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 2:27 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 2:27 PM EST
Yeah that was uber cheesey, I can see why it didn't get picked up. But, it did have some funny moments. Good thing this didn't take off because then maybe she wouldn't be Sarah Connor. Do you find this valuable?    

HawkDsl
6. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 3:01 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 3:01 PM EST
"Some of you may know about this and have seen this already. In 2006 Lena filmed a pilot for a superhero TV show called Ultra based on a comic book where she plays a woman who is telekinetic and has super human strength. It's too bad a network didn't pick up this show because Lena is great in it. She's funny, witty and relaxed! So not Sarah Connor. I would love to see where this series would go and Lena is actually funny.

You can watch the Ultra pilot on PiperandLena.com. It's in 5 parts.
Part 1 - http://piperandlena.com/vids/lena/lena_ultra_part01.mov.zip
Part 2 - http://piperandlena.com/vids/lena/lena_ultra_part02.mov.zip
Part 3 - http://piperandlena.com/vids/lena/lena_ultra_part03.mov.zip
Part 4 - http://piperandlena.com/vids/lena/lena_ultra_part04.mov.zip
Part 5 - http://piperandlena.com/vids/lena/lena_ultra_part05.mov.zip"
I watched pt 1... I dig Lena with long strait hair.

Ya got a higher res version somewhere??

ShiningPathofLight
ShiningPathofLight
7. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 4:20 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 4:20 PM EST
"Lena does a lot of work. Theres a new major dvd release called The Red Baron. Its done professionally by a German movie company. Had a 30 million dollar budget. MY GOD is it awful though, she has a English/German quasi sounding accent in it. She plays the romantic interest of the German Pilot Baron. though she is beautiful she appears 15 years older than her co star?"
Thanks for the info, I'm downloading now because I gotta see for myself, thanks.
Schmacky
Schmacky
8. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 4:29 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 4:29 PM EST
"Lena does a lot of work. Theres a new major dvd release called The Red Baron. Its done professionally by a German movie company. Had a 30 million dollar budget. MY GOD is it awful though, she has a English/German quasi sounding accent in it. She plays the romantic interest of the German Pilot Baron. though she is beautiful she appears 15 years older than her co star?"
I saw the last third of The Red Baron while in Germany and I thought it was pretty good from what I saw.
notty22
notty22
9. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 4:40 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 4:40 PM EST
"I saw the last third of The Red Baron while in Germany and I thought it was pretty good from what I saw. "
You get around. It was a well done movie, just nothing memorable for me. And the love story was just a weird twist that seemed out of place, for me.
Schmacky
Schmacky
10. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 4:43 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 4:43 PM EST
"You get around. It was a well done movie, just nothing memorable for me. And the love story was just a weird twist that seemed out of place, for me."
Maybe. I didn't see it from the start so maybe their story was outta the blue.. I downloaded it last night but haven't had a chance to watch it from the beginning.
notty22
notty22
11. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 4:51 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 4:51 PM EST
It also has a web site.
http://www.redbaron-themovie.com/
Schmacky
Schmacky
12. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 5:01 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 5:01 PM EST
Yeah, I've seen the website awhile back.

BTW, the chick in Ulta who played Veronica "Nemesis" played the main girl in Hairspray on Broadway.
Sarah'sPancakes
Sarah'sPancakes
13. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 5:36 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 5:36 PM EST
"I watched pt 1... I dig Lena with long strait hair.

Ya got a higher res version somewhere??

"
Unfortunately that's the only one I found. You could try asking the people at PiperandLena.com since they were the ones to find it and it's on their site.
Sarah'sPancakes
Sarah'sPancakes
14. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 5:38 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 5:38 PM EST
"Yeah that was uber cheesey, I can see why it didn't get picked up. But, it did have some funny moments. Good thing this didn't take off because then maybe she wouldn't be Sarah Connor."
That is true. Someone else would be Sarah Connor. It's hard to picture someone else portraying Sarah now that Lena has done it so well.
Schmacky
Schmacky
15. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 8:30 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 8:30 PM EST
Notty you're CRAZY! Ok I just watched The Red Baron from start to finish.. how can you say that movie was awful?? It was such a good film! Even without Lena in it, that was a great movie. Her accent is fine in it.. I don't think it switches around and noooo she does not look 15 years older than him lol. She looks older, but by just a few years. And if you looked at the picture of the real Kate and Red Baron, the real Kate looks older than him anyhow.

Anyway, to anyone that hasn't seen the Red Baron I highly suggest watching it. It was very good in my opinon.
ShiningPathofLight
ShiningPathofLight
16. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 24 2009, 9:45 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2009, 9:45 PM EST
"Notty you're CRAZY! Ok I just watched The Red Baron from start to finish.. how can you say that movie was awful?? It was such a good film! Even without Lena in it, that was a great movie. Her accent is fine in it.. I don't think it switches around and noooo she does not look 15 years older than him lol. She looks older, but by just a few years. And if you looked at the picture of the real Kate and Red Baron, the real Kate looks older than him anyhow.

Anyway, to anyone that hasn't seen the Red Baron I highly suggest watching it. It was very good in my opinon."
Sorry, I'm gonna have to agree with Notty on this one. The movie is God awful, the acting is terrible and the make out scene does look like an Woman making out with a boy in middle school. It is the least sexiest make out scene I've ever seen. The *love* scene in this movie reminds me of Mary Kay Letourneau, kind of disturbing.
Sarah'sPancakes
Sarah'sPancakes
17. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 25 2009, 6:26 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 25 2009, 6:26 AM EST
*Scratching head* How did the Ultra thread become the Red Baron thread? Now I'm gonna have watch the Red Baron. Where can I download it? Do you find this valuable?    
AdoptMeSarah
AdoptMeSarah
18. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 27 2009, 7:10 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 27 2009, 7:10 PM EST
Did anyone notice Lena's southern accent in the beginning? It's cute. I'm not an expert in southern accents but it's sounds pretty convincing to me. So far the accents I've heard Lena do are American, American Valley Girl, Scottish, American Southern, London English and her native, Nothern English. I would like to hear her do a French accent. I bet she can do tha as well. Do you find this valuable?    
Schmacky
Schmacky
19. RE: Lena's Unaired Penny Ultra Pilot
Jan 27 2009, 7:49 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 27 2009, 7:49 PM EST
I thought she did a good German accent in The Red Baron. Do you find this valuable?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)